MyFRITZ!App Service - MyFRITZ!App Service
Setting up MyFRITZ!App 2
MyFRITZ!App 2 provides easy and secure access to your FRITZ!Box and home network when you are either at or away from home. Depending on the FRITZ!Box model being used,
- the app informs you about calls, voice messages, and other events.
- you can enable and disable the FRITZ!Box answering machine and call diversions.
- you can access FRITZ!NAS in order to upload or download files, or play or display multimedia contents such as photos or music.
- you can control your smart home devices (for example FRITZ!DECT 200) and check the power consumption of the connected devices.
Requirements / Restrictions
- FRITZ!OS 6.50 or later is installed on the FRITZ!Box.
- Android 4.0 or later is installed on the smartphone or tablet.
Important:MyFRITZ!App 2 is currently not available for iOS. Use MyFRITZ!App if you are using a FRITZ!Box with FRITZ!OS earlier than 6.50, or until MyFRITZ!App 2 is released if you are using iOS.
- The "home network connection" (VPN) function can only be used if the FRITZ!Box obtains a public IPv4 address from your Internet service provider.
1 Configuring the FRITZ!Box to allow applications to access it
In the factory settings, the FRITZ!Box is configured to allow applications to access it. If you changed the FRITZ!Box's settings, configure it so that it will once again allow applications to access it:
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Network" or "Home Network Overview" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Network Settings" tab.
- Enable the option "Allow access for applications" in the "Access Settings in the Home Network" section. If the section is not displayed, enable the Advanced View first.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
2 Setting up a wireless connection to the FRITZ!Box
The smartphone or tablet must be connected with the FRITZ!Box's wireless network when you set up the app:
Important:The smartphone or tablet may not be connected to the FRITZ!Box via wireless guest access.
- Set up the wireless connection to the FRITZ!Box.
3 Installing MyFRITZ!App 2
- Download MyFRITZ!App 2 from the Google Play Store and install the app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Start MyFRITZ!App 2.
- Enter the FRITZ!Box password. If you enabled login with FRITZ!Box user name and password, enter the user name and password.
- Tap the "Save" button to complete the configuration.