FRITZ!App Cam Service - FRITZ!App Cam Service
Setting up a wireless connection to the FRITZ!Box in Android
You can easily connect Android devices to the FRITZ!Box's wireless network (WiFi), and thus enable them to access the Internet and other devices in your home network. To do so, set up the wireless connection on each Android device just once as described here. The device then establishes the connection automatically.
Note:Here we show you how to set up a connection to the FRITZ!Box using a Google Nexus 4 with Android 4.4.2 as an example.
Important:Some of the settings described here are only displayed if the advanced view is enabled in the user interface.
1 Determining the FRITZ!Box's wireless settings
Determining the wireless settings in the factory settings
If your FRITZ!Box's wireless settings correspond to the factory settings, you can find them on the sticker on the underside of the device:
- The name of the wireless network (SSID) corresponds to the model name of your FRITZ!Box (for example FRITZ!Box 7490).
- The network key corresponds to the numerical code next to the key symbol.
Fig.: SSID and network key
Determining the current wireless settings
If the FRITZ!Box's wireless settings were changed, you can find them in the FRITZ!Box user interface:
- Click "Wireless" ("WLAN") in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Radio Network" in the "Wireless" ("WLAN") menu.
- Make note of the name of the wireless network (SSID) for the frequency band you would like to use to establish the wireless connection.
- Click "Security" in the "Wireless" ("WLAN") menu.
- Make note of the network key.
2 Establishing a wireless connection to the FRITZ!Box
- Tap the "Settings" icon on the home screen of the Android device.
- Tap "Wi-Fi" in the "Settings" menu.
- If wireless LAN is switched off, tap the "OFF" icon next to the "Wi-Fi" option to enable wireless LAN.
- Tap the connection that displays the wireless network name (SSID) of the FRITZ!Box.
- Enter the FRITZ!Box's network key in the "Password" field and tap "Connect".